Remediation–Urban Site Limited Access: LAUSD Central Region Elementary School #13 Site Remediation
Highly volatile aromatic hydrocarbons, next to a school facility in Los Angeles that was occupied throughout the project required very aggressive odor control, a complicated shoring and support system, and constant engineering modifications to address site conditions that changed almost daily.
Client: Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
Regulatory Oversight: DTSC
Project Duration: 6 months
- 12,000 CY of Excavation and T&D of Soils Contaminated with Benzene, PCE, TCE, TPH, and Vinyl Chloride
- Excavation to a Depth of 45 Feet with Extensive Shoring System to Facilitate Soil Removal Adjacent to Buildings and Operating Businesses
- Confirmation Sampling and Installation of Vapor Barrier System
- Backfilled Site with Select Fill and Compacted to Specification Standards
- Preparation of DTSC Approved HASP, Traffic Control Plan and Dust Control Plan
REMEDIATION AND RECLAMATION PROJECTS
Choose from the following links for further information about individual projects.
<<Remediation: Urban Site/Limited Access: LAUSD Elementary School #13