Remediation: Santana Row
Client: DeSilva Gates Construction
Location: San Jose, CA
- Basement excavation for mixed use retail & residential building in the heart of Santana Row located in downtown San Jose, CA.
- Shoring method was beams and lagging.
- Excavation depth ranged from 27 – 30 feet.
- Excavated & stockpiled 14,000 CY’s of impacted soil. Impacted soil was flip flopped with scrapers to access the clean soil during the excavation.
- Removed 40,000 CY’s of clean reusable soil.
- Performed value engineering by excavating basement deeper than planned grades to accommodate/bury the contaminated soil. The contaminated soil was then encapsulated by a 1 ft. layer of clean soil. This method allowed the impacted soil to remain onsite and not offhauled to a landfill, as a result this saved the client millions of dollars in soil testing, disposal, and fees.
REMEDIATION AND RECLAMATION PROJECTS
Choose from the following links for further information about individual projects.
<<Remediation: Santana Row