Urban Site Management: Niles Union Pacific Site Phase II Remediation Project
In a very limited access site next to an established neighborhood, PSEC remediated a hydrocarbon and metals contaminated site, while accommodating the existing encroachment and use as a parking lot. Over an almost two year period, the excavation of over 28,000 tons of material was accomplished in a “hopscotch” pattern, allowing the site to continue to operate.
Client: City of Fremont
Regulatory Oversight: DTSC
Project Duration: 20 months
- Demo of Existing Rail Road Tracks, Concrete Foundations, and Asphalt Pads
- Excavation and T&D of 28,000 tons of soils impacted with Metals and TPH
- Placement and Compaction of 28,000 tons of Clean Import Soil
- Installation of 40,000 SF Temporary Parking Lot
- Preparation of DTSC Approved HASP, Traffic Control Plan and Dust Control Plan
REMEDIATION AND RECLAMATION PROJECTS
Choose from the following links for further information about individual projects.
<<Remediation: Urban Site Management Niles Union Pacific Site