Post-Disaster Response Services: State Abandoned Vessel Program
POST-DISASTER RESPONSE SERVICES
Choose from the following links for further information about individual projects.
<<State Abandoned & Sunken Vessel Program
PSEC has been providing shoreside and marine expertise for fifteen years; most recently completing in conjunction with the EPA and Coastguard and the State of California, the largest vessel removal and recovery effort since World War II in the Greater San Francisco Bay. Acting as the hazardous material specialists, and the demolition and destruction entity, PSEC was part of the team that removed over 270 vessels of various size from navigable waterways, and recycled the salvageable materials.
Client: Counties of Sacramento, Contra Costa and Solano, The State of California, and the US Coast Guard
Project Duration: ongoing
- Intent is to remove hazards to navigation
- Includes hazardous waste removal and disposal
- Both water based (barge) and shoreside operations
- Vessels are sized anywhere from small pleasure craft to large commercial ships
- Sacramento Delta and San Francisco Bay contain one of the largest populations of abandoned vessels in the country